Monday, June 13, 2011

A Neighborhood Yard Sale?

Last year we did not have a yard sale, but a couple of neighbors showed up in the park on their own and sold their wares.  This year, we have had an inquiry about whether the neighborhood would have one. All it takes is one person to step up for it to happen....

And it does not take much.

Set a date and time.  We traditionally have done it the end of August when students are moving in/out.
Location 19th and Grove pocket park.
Send out an email to the neighborhood at goss-grove@googlegroups.com letting others know your intention and asking if anyone would be participating (if that is important to you).
Post a few signs on Canyon and Arapahoe letting people know.
Have fun!

1 comment:

Consciouslee said...

Hi Genevieve my name is Crystal and I was just wondering if you know how I can post something on the Goss-Grove neighborhood blog? I live on Goss, I just moved here and would like to have a neighborhood party to get to know those who live closest to me. I have befriended a few jazz bands and was thinking about having live music in the backyard but I definitely do not want to disturb anyone..so I thought I could propose the idea on here but I can't figure out how to. I would also like to attend the meetings..I am assuming they consist of those in the neighborhood? Do you think you could help me with this?
Thank you so much!